Wynyard & Fitzroy Street's,
The Oriental Hotel was originally known as the Queens Arms.
It is a typical goldrush era building showing off its affluence.
There was a pub on this site as early as 1850 and the first publican was a man named Madigan.
This new hotel was designed and built by Frederick Kinred about 1876.
He took up Madigan's license. It has a beautiful cast iron verandah.
This page is under construction.Any addition information or photos would be appreciated. John on 0431 481 451
To Home page - To Hotel Index