Gilmore, Tumut. NSW.
Zone - Rural
Portion owner - Mr Charles SMILES
Portion 101 - 43 Acres
Portion 102 - 38 Acres
Portion 103 - 37 Acres
Portion 250 - 54 Acres
Portion 268 - 51 Acres
Total 223 Acres
V18462194 31A/1846 Charles SMILES born in 1848 in Jerimial, North Tumut to parents William SMILES & Ann Marie DAVIS. Charles died on the 24th November, 1921, in Tumut. His burial took place on the 26th November, 1921, in the Church of England section 3, Tumut Cemetery, Tumut.
Charles SMILES married Miss Martha Reily on the 7th June, 1873 in the Presbyterian Church, Rileys Crossing Windowie, via Tumut.
1. Elizabeth Jane SMILES was born on the 21st April, 1873, in Gilmore via Tumut.
2. 20481/1875 SMILES JULIA Ann was born to parents CHARLES & MARTHA on the 12th April, 1875, in Windowie, via Tumut.
3. Elizabeth Jane SMILES born in 1878 in Wagga Wagga.
4. 22013/1881 SMILES MARTHA ROSANNA was born to parents CHARLES & MARTHA L M on the 2nd February, 1881, in Wagga Wagga.
5. 31113/1883 SMILES SELINA MARIA was born to parents CHARLES & MARTHA in TUMUT on the 17th October, 1883, in Gilmore via Tumut
6. 34756/1886 SMILES CHARLES was born to parents MARTHA S MCG in TUMUT
7. 35096/1889 Margaret Clare SMILES was born to parents CHARLES & MARTHA S MCG on the 1st May, 1889, in Tumut. Married in 1909 in Tumut. Robert Roland MCALISTER
8. 35357/1892 Emily Eva SMILES was born to parents CHARLES & MARTHA C MCG on the 16th March, 1892, in TUMUT. Emily Married Mr Robert Roland (2nd) STUBBS.
9. 27536/1895 SMILES MYRTLE Amy was born to parents CHARLES & MARTHA S MCG in TUMUT.
Between CHARLES SMILES, Plaintiff, and ANN MARIA SMILES (widow), WILLIAM JOHN SMILES, JAMES SMILES, EDWARD SMILES, GEORGE SMILES, ALEXANDER GRANT, and CHARLOTTE (his wife), FREDERICK SMILES, RICHARD JOSEPH SMILES, and HARRINGTON SMILES, ALFRED SMILES, and SAMUEL SMILES (infants under the age of 21 years), JOHN S. BARRETT, RICHARD HARGREAVES, Defendants.
Take Notice that you having FAILED to ENTER an APPEARANCE to the Statement of Claim filed in this suit a copy of which was served upon you order to enter default of appear ance against you was made by this Honorable Court on the twenty second day of June last, and such default has been entered accordingly, but you may, notwithstanding such default, Enter an Appearance to the Statement of Claim filed herein within seven days from the publication of this Notice, and that you may thereafter before this suit shall have been heard and disposed of apply specially to this Honorable Court for leave to appear and defend as this Honorable Court may direct, but such appearance shall not affect any proceeding duly taken or right already acquired by the plaintiff, or prejudice the plaintiff's right to costs of such entry of default, or of any such proceeding.
Dated this tenth day of August, one thousand eight hundred and eighty-eight, W.L. MOORE, Solicitor, 6 ard 8, Exchange, Bridge-street, Sydney. Agents for EMANUEL AND ROBERTSON, Solicitors for the said Charles Smiles, Tumut. - (Ref- Australian Town and Country Journal (NSW : 1870 - 1907)(about) Previous issue Saturday 18 August 1888)
IN the SUPREME COUUT of NEW SOUTH WALES. IM Eauíir. (No. -1221 or 18S7.) Betyvccn CHARLES"SMILES, PlaiutilT, and Ann Maria Smiles widow, William John Smilos, .Turnes ämiloi, Edward Smiles, Georgo Smiles, Alexander Grant and Charlotto, his wife, Frederick Smiles, Richard Joseph Smiles, and Huniugtou Smiles, Al trod Smilos, ami Samuel Smiles, iufautu, mular tho ngo of tweuty-ono years, John S. Barrett, Richard Hargreaves, Defendants.
Take notice that you having failed to enter an appoaraučo to tho Statement of Claim filed iu tlnssiiit, n copy of xvhich was served upon you, order to cntor default of nppoarauco against you was niado by this llonoii roblo Court on tho Twenty-second day of Juno last ami such default lins been entered accordingly, but you may iiotyvithsttmdinp; snell default entor nu nppoarauco to tho Statement of Claim llled herein within Eeveu duys from tho publication of this notice, and that yon may thereafter before this suit r.hail havo been heard nuil disposed of apply tpocially to this Honourable Court lor leave to appear and defend ns tins Honourublo Couit may direct, but such np poainueo shall not nlfect nay proceodiujt tlulv taken or right already acquired by tlio plaintiff or prcjtidico tho plaintiff's light to costs of such entry of ilofaultor of any such proccdinc. Bated this Tenth day oi* August, Ono thousand eight hitudred nud oiphty-eiglit. W. L. Mooni;. Solicitor, G and S Exchange, Bridge-street, Sydney, Agent for EMANUEL & BOBEKTSON, Solicitors for tho said Charles .Smiles, Tumut. To tlio above-named Gcorgo Smiles. - (Ref- The Brisbane Courier (Qld. : 1864 - 1933)(about) Previous issue Monday 20 August 1888).