via Tumut. NSW
In 1857 Henry Wilkinson married half brother John's wife Elizabeth's younger sister Charlotte McAlister daughter of neighbour the McAlister's from "Wereboldera" (Ref:- NSW BDM No. 2684). Both girls mother was the first white women to live in the area. Having relocated to the William Warby property "Darbarlara Run" in about 1828. Elizabeth was the first white person to be born in the area in 10th May, 1830.
1. 12564/1858 WILKINSON, (FEMALE) parents HENRY & CHARLOTTE in TUMUT
2. 13042/1859 WILKINSON, (MALE) parents HENRY & CHARLOTTE in TUMUT
3. 14016/1862 WILKINSON, ELIZA parents HENRY & CHARLOTTE in TUMUT
4. 14166/1863 WILKINSON, MARY C parents HENRY & CHARLOTTE in TUMUT
5. 15794/1865 WILKINSON, HENRY W (2nd) parents HENRY & CHARLOTTE in TUMUT. - In 1888 WILKINSON, HENRY W married Miss Agnes DUNSTONE in COOTAMUNDRA, NSW - (Ref- NSW BDM 5117/1888).
1. 13850/1888 WILKINSON, MILTON H parents HENRY & AGNES in ALBURY -
2. 34395/1890 WILKINSON, HARRY C parents HENRY W & AGNES in TUMUT
3. 35362/1892 WILKINSON, EDGAR George parents HENRY W & AGNES in TUMUT
4. 35521/1893 WILKINSON, VERA B parents HENRY W & AGNES in TUMUT
5. 33817/1894 WILKINSON, PEARL parents HENRY W & AGNES in TUMUT
6. 26233/1896 WILKINSON, NORMAN parents HENRY W & AGNES in TUMUT
7. 38410/1905 WILKINSON, NITA parents HENRY W & AGNES in TUMUT
8. 29856/1907 WILKINSON, LOLA parents HENRY W & AGNES in TUMUT
9. 7778/1898 WILKINSON, DOROTHY J parents HENRY W & AGNES in TUMUT
6165/1952 WILKINSON, MILTON HENRY parents WILLIAM & AGNES in RANDWICK
20840/1949 WILKINSON, EDGAR GEORGE parents HENRY WILLIAM & AGNES in JERILDERIE
A very succesful sale was conduoted at Tumut recently when the dairy herd and plant owned by Messrs, J, T, and T. E. Wilkinson, Springfield was sold. Prices were satisfactory and competition was keen, selling nsenta mm Merarn, Herron and Webb with J, Downing, in conjunction, Prices included: Sixtyfive Jersey cows in full milk and 32 Jersey springers, to P17; 37 Jersey heifers to 9/5/0 25 shorthorn heifers to £0/8/; and 15 yearling heifers, to 8/0. the milking plant was purchased to* Mr. H. Thornton (Wantabadury) for Pound100, - (Ref- The Farmer and Settler (NSW : 1906 - 1957)(about) Previous issue Friday 6 August 1943 Page 8).
1988 - First Time Listed! TUMUT PROPERTY (100 acres)
This rural property, portion of the historic "Springfield" holding, is situated in a magnificent bushland setting edjacent to the Snowy Mountains Hwy, just minutes from beautiful Tumut township (7 kms) and the aquatic recreational waterways of the Tumut River and Blowering Dam which boast great fishing and water skiing. 90 kms to the Mt Selwyn Ski Resort. Spectacular views. Inspection by arrangement. $120,000. Enquiries to the vendor, Mr Brian Roddy, "Springfield". (Ref- The Canberra Times (ACT : 1926 - 1995)(about) Previous issue Saturday 19 November 1988 Page 11).
Yellowin Index - William (1st) Wilkinson